In this section, we will go over the following:
What's in the Box?
When your Silent Partner TV ships, you can unpack your box and start using it right away.
Device and Accessories
Within your shipment delivered, you will receive the following three items within your device box:
*The Chromebit device will already have the keyboard wireless USB chip inserted when shipped. Please do not remove it as you will need it to connect wirelessly to the keyboard.
When your shipment is delivered, you will also find the following item inside your keyboard box:
*Remember to pull and remove the yellow tab located within the battery compartment of the keyboard:
- Open the box , remove the keyboard and turn the keyboard over onto its backside
- Carefully slide open the battery panel door
- Pull and slowly remove the yellow tab (so the batteries can connect)
- Close the battery compartment door to start use:
Step 1: Connecting to the TV
- Plug the included HDMI cable into any of your TV's HDMI ports and ensure the TV's input is set accordingly from the remote (please see your TV instructions).
- Connect the device's power cable to the wall socket.
- Remove the cap from the Silent Partner TV device and connect it to the HDMI and power cable.
- Your device will now power up automatically.
Please follow these same Setup instructions (included below) the first time you plug in the device, OR ANY TIME you need to update your WiFi settings:
Step 2: Setup
- Once the white startup screen appears (Connecting to Network screen) on the TV as the device attempts to locate a WiFi network.
- While on this screen, simultaneously Press Ctrl + Alt + S on the keyboard.
Note: DO NOT click on the blue "Configure Network" link. If you do accidentally click on this link, you will need to unplug the device from the power plug, then plug it back in and start over again at Step 1 above.
- The screen will flash and take you to a login screen. DO NOT Login.
- Instead, click on the WiFi logo in the lower right-hand corner (between the time and the letters "US").
Note: If you cannot see the WiFi logo, or it is partially cut off, that means your television monitor's resolution configuration is slightly off. You may wish to consult your TV manual or a local IT professional to adjust your TV's resolution and WiFi network appropriately.
- Select the option "No Networks".
Note: If you are UPDATING your existing WiFi settings, this option may say "Connected to " rather than "No Networks."
- Select your WiFi network and enter the password when prompted.
- Click "Connect." The WIFi logo will flash until the connection is successful.
- Once the Silent Partner TV connects to your WiFi network, click "Shut Down" in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Wait 30 seconds for the Silent Partner TV device to power down
- Press and hold the "Enter" key on your keyboard until the screen flashes.
- Your Silent Partner TV Device should start automatically
If you have requested your office Facebook page posts to be integrated with the device, your device may ask you to sign in with a Facebook account at this time. Any Facebook login credentials will work, but Facebook does require a Facebook user to be logged in to view Facebook content through the device. If you do not agree with Facebook's terms of service, or if you wish to have Facebook integration removed for any other reason, you may contact PBHS Support at email@example.com and we can remove the Facebook integration on your device.
Your device will now power on, connect to your network, sign in and begin playing automatically. There should be no need to go through the Facebook steps again unless you need to update your WiFi information later.