How to Install the SecureMail Outlook Plugin
You can install or reinstall the plugin at anytime. Note, if you have one user and you need to access this on more than one computer/outlook program, do the below steps from each computer you need this installed on.
Please follow these instructions below:
- Login to your account at https://mysecurepractice.com.
- From the Dashboard, select "Update Profile"
- Select the "Messaging" tab
- Select the "Download" button next to "SecureMail Outlook Plugin." You will be asked where you would like to save this setup file, *note this location so you can find and start the download if it doesn't start automatically.
In this example, we saved the download to the desktop.
- Once downloaded, select the setup icon:
- Select "Install"
- Follow the necessary prompts, once successfully installed you will get a final pop up- select "OK":
- Once successfully installed make sure you restart outlook to see the application.
How to Uninstall the SecureMail Outlook Plugin
STEP 1: Disable the plugin within Outlook
- Open Outlook
- Select the "File" tab
- Select "Options" located on your far LEFT
- Select "Add-Ins" option on your LEFT hand side
- Look for the dropdown at the very bottom labeled "Manage"
- Make sure this option is set to "COM Add-ins", and select "GO"
- In this list, find "MyPbhs_Outlook" and select it within the list (it should highlight blue like the example below)
- Once highlighted, select "Remove"
- Now select "OK"
**At this point you should notice the "Secure Mail" tab is now removed from your outlook application
- CLOSE OUTLOOK!
- Now open your computers "Control Panel" (located under your start menu):
- Under "Programs"
- Select "Uninstall a Program"
- Find "MyPBHS_Outlook" within this list, right click once on it to select it
- Now select "Uninstall/Change" to uninstall the application
- Select "Remove the application from this computer." option and select "OK":
- You should now notice that you no longer have the application listed in your "Control Panel" list of apps, and you should no longer see the "Secure Mail" tab within outlook.