IMPORTANT: In all of the instructions below, replace "yourdomain.com" with your domain name and do not type in www.
The instructions below will walk you through setting up Mac Mail
- Open Mac Mail and go to the program's preferences
- Click the plus button to add a new account
- Enter in your name, email address and the password for your account and click Continue
- Choose POP as the account type, enter in a description (for example: incoming mail)
- Enter in mail.yourdomain.com as the mail server name (remember to use your own domain here)
- Enter in the username and password
- The outgoing mail server name will be mail.yourdomain.com (remember to use your own domain here)
- Click the “Use authentication” option
- Enter in your email address and password
- Click “create”
- Once it has been created, go back to Mac Mail preferences and click on “Accounts”
- Click the Outgoing Server list and select the “Edit server” option from the list
- Click the “Advanced” button the next screen and click the “Authentication” option and choose “Password” from the list.
- Click the box labeled "Allow insecure password"
- AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, Shaw, Bell, Optimum Online, Qwest, and Cox Internet Customers Only, see extra step: Click on the Advanced tab. Change outgoing port to 101
- Close this window
- Save the changes if you are prompted