Instructions below ONLY apply to Inform.
Your newsletters can’t wait to reach your patients and referring doctors. But first, you must import your contacts to make sure they are reached. To get more familiar with all the incredible ways you can market to particular groups, see About Contact Lists. Then come back here to get going!
1. To import your contact list from another source, click the orange button on the left side of homepage screen labeled “MANAGE MY CONTACTS.”
2. Next, on the left side of the screen under the heading “CONTACT MANAGEMENT,” click “Import Contacts.”
3. You will then be asked to check 4 boxes before proceeding. This is just our “Anti-Spam Policy,” an agreement used to verify that all imported contacts consent to receiving emails from inForm.
4. After you check the boxes, click the orange button “NEXT” in the top left corner of the screen. (Check those boxes up or you won’t be able to go on!)
5. Now you get to use all the information you learned in About Contact Lists to start creating lists and getting your newsletters in the right hands! As you’ll remember, many different lists can be created based on what groups you are trying to reach. On the top left corner of the screen, you’ll see the heading “ADD A NEW LIST.” Below it there is a white box where you will type the name of the list you want to create, for example “All Patients.” Next click the orange “GO!” button to the left of the white box. A gray box will appear under the white box called “MY MAILING LISTS.” You should now see your new list in this box. Keep adding lists here if you want, or you can manage lists (add, delete, edit), under the “Manage Your Contact List” tab located under the main “CONTACT MANGAMENT” tab.
6. Once at least one mailing list has been created, you are ready to import your contacts from an outside file. In the middle of the screen, click the button “Choose File.” This will direct you to all the documents on your computer. Browse your computer until you find your contact list. It must be in an Excel (.xls or .xlsx), Text File (.txt), or Comma Separated Value (.csv) file.
7. Once the file is selected, it will appear next to the “Choose File” button with the title you have given it. For example, the file may appear as “Patient List.xls.”
8. Next, you will want to specify if the file has column headings. This means if your Excel file (for example), is labeled (for example) by “Patient Name,” “Patient Address,” and “Phone Number,” you will need to check the box next to “File has column headings.”
9. Watch out for this next step- it’s important! You will not be able to proceed until you check a box under the “MY MAILING LISTS” heading. The list you just created should be selected, but if you come back later to add more contacts, you will have to choose a list. Remember, you can also add contacts to many different lists by checking all the lists they fit under. For example, you may add 5 new female patients. You will want to add them to “All Patients,” and to “Female Patients” by checking both boxes. Once the file is imported, and the mailing list chosen, click the orange “NEXT” button on the top right corner of the screen.
10. Remember the box you checked (or didn’t check) called “File has column headings?” These instructions will be different depending on if your file had headings.
If your file DID have headings: Your column headings will appear on he left side of the screen. On the right side of the screen are inForm’s pre-created column options. Click the white box under “inForm Columns” and press the down arrow to display all the options. Once you find one that matches your column name, click it. Under “Your Columns” the heading you have just matched will turn green- success! If a column appears that you do not want to import, click the “Not Import” option. Continue with this process until all headings are matched.
If your file DID NOT have headings: You will see a list of the columns from your file with white boxes above them. For each column, click the white box (it should be set to “Not Import”) and press the down arrow to view all available options. Select the heading that matches each column of your document.
Once you have completed this step, click the orange “NEXT” button in the top right corner of the screen.
11. Next you will be asked to review the contact list and verify the import. If everything looks correct (it should!), click the orange “NEXT” button on the top left corner of the screen.
12. You should now receive a message that your contacts have been successfully added! Congrats- you’re on your way.