In this section, we will go over the following:
Each patient talk is a private conversation between yourself and the patient, no other doctor/staff can see this conversation. Any associated doctor or staff member on the case can also have a private conversation here with the patient.
- Once you login
- Select "View Cases"
- Under the existing case you wish to review, select the "View" button:
- Now you will see the "Patient Talk" tab, select it.
- You will initially see this screen below if the patient hasn't been invited by you previously:
- Another way to invite the patient is at the top of the case, you will see a button labeled "Invite Patient" which will do the same thing:
- The patient can have the secret code resent by selecting "Re-send Code" at anytime on this screen
- The patient can go back and choose a different delivery option by selecting "Change Delivery Method"
- Instructions to the RIGHT will give them the needed requirements for this password. Once you have met all requirements, each item will turn from red to green:
- Re-enter your password to confirm, and select "Continue"
- The Patient would select the URL within the email to complete their 2 step patient registration:
- The patient would select "Continue" and would either get a phone call (if landline) or a phone or text message (if mobile) depending on the option they choose.
- The call/text would give them a secret code to enter for registration below
- Select "Continue" once entered.
- Once reviewed, select "I Accept" located at the bottom to continue:
- Now the patient can set their password:
- Now the patient can login and select the "Sign In" button:
- The patient would select "Secure Inbox"
- Now they can view their secure message, and reply back if needed:
- If they do reply back, it would return a message for the doctor(s) review within "Patient Talk":
If the patient replies to your message with attachments, within the doctor talk it will include a "Share" button next to each attachment the patient sent. This will allow you to share all or a select few images of your choosing within the "Attachments" tab, which all doctors/staff on this case will then have the ability to review those.
As a reminder, the Patient Talk is a private feature- which you can only review the communications between yourself and the patient.
- Once you select the "Share File" button, this will make that attachment available within the "Attachments" tab of this case for all associated doctors and staff to review.
- Note, once you "Share File", the button will no longer be visible as an indication that you already completed this task.
Note in this example, I already shared "image3bmp.bmp" so there is no longer a "Share File" option. But we have yet to "Share File" on the 2nd attachment, as that option is still visible.