Instructions below ONLY apply to truForm.
In this section, we will go over the following:
- Patient Signature Process (before form submission)
- Doctor Signature Process (after form submission)
- Signing TruForm with Topaz Signature Pad (OPTIONAL)
- Understanding Electronic Signature Laws
Digital signatures made easy! Our new TruForm™ portal eliminates the costly need for Adobe Acrobat and a Topaz signature pad. We can now enable your patients to sign their secured form(s) before submission using a desktop, tablet or phone. Doctor and office staff signatures can be completed once the form is submitted from our secure portal, with no additional software needed. Ask our Sales or Support team for further information!
- Over the phone, once the patients appointment is scheduled- your staff would direct them to pre-register from your website to save up to 40 min in office.
- Either on our standard forms or your custom form, we can enable your signature areas to be completed by your patients BEFORE the form is submitted online to your office.
Patients can complete online signatures BEFORE the truForm is submitted to your office:
- These signatures can be turned on and off at anytime
- Signatures OFF: The patient will never see a signature section, and can submit the form once all other required fields are filled out correctly.
- Signatures ON: The patient can choose to sign the form before they submit it, or they can submit it without signing (as signatures are not required)
- These signatures can be set as required
- This is ALL or nothing, we cannot set individual signatures fields to required.
- If signatures are required, the patient must sign ALL patient signatures before they can submit their form online.
- Patients can only sign online BEFORE the form is submitted
This will show you the exact process of a patient signing and submitting truForm to (https://mysecurepractice.com).
For a quicker signing process, MySecurePractice will store the very first signature the patient completes. Once the patient goes to sign any other signatures on the same form, their signature will appear and they just have to click "Sign" to endorse their signature on the form again.
Repeat step 5 & 6 for each signature after the first.
This will walk you through signing your submitted patient forms through our portal (https://mysecurepractice.com). If doctor signatures are turned on, the TruForm will need to be fully submitted by the patient before you can successfully sign and submit the form.
Once you sign a truForm for the very first time, our system will store and use your signed (draw it) signature for a quicker signing process within the portal.
Please note we do not store typed signatures, only signed signatures.
If you will need to complete any digital signatures once the form is fully submitted within MySecurePractice, you can review the options below to accomplish this:
MySecurePractice allows you to complete both patient (before the form is submitted) and doctor signatures through our online portal as described above.
Additionally any signatures left unsigned once you finalize the submission through our portal will be programmed so you can complete signing at anytime using a topaz signature pad and the PDF submitted and finalized. Please review the below requirements in order to complete this.
If truform is integrated into any of the following software companies (WinOMScs, Henry Schein, Medims), your software company may have a way to sign the completed PDF form through your software using a Topaz Signature Pad. Please contact your software rep to review this first.
Please note, WinOMScs 'CLOUD' versions DO NOT SUPPORT TOPAZ signature pads due to Adobe Acrobat Licensing.
STEP #1 Select a Program to use for signing PDFs:
STEP #2 Select a Topaz Signature Pad for signing:
If you choose to sign through adobe, follow the below instructions:
The settings below will connect your topaz signature pad to your adobe program, so you can sign submitted TruForms:
To sign truForm correctly, please note the following:
|Topaz Support||Click here|
|Adobe Support||Click here|
|PBHS Support||Click here|
|*Please contact PBHS support if you would like the ability to sign your forms digitally!|
Please review with the appointed personnel who handles legal matters on behalf of your practice.