Instructions below ONLY apply to truForm.
In this section, we will go over the following:
Patient Signatures (before form submission):
Doctor Signatures (once truform is submitted):
- Once your patient submits their form(s) online, your office can login to our secure online portal to complete the office signatures needed (for the doctor and staff)
- Select "Access Forms"
- Once off the main welcome page, you will also see "Forms" on your far LEFT hand side navigation.
- Selecting either option will bring you right to your online form submission list
Select the form category you would like to review from above, which will lead you to your submission page below:
- Depending on what forms you have programmed through PBHS Support, you may see one of the below 3 options: (note: you will only see the option(s) below if your form(s) are setup for this category):
Would store all Patient Registration submissions
Would store all Doctor Referral submissions
Would store all Consent and non-registration/ referral submissions
**in this example, we are using the patient registration- ALL categories will work exactly the same!!
Select the "Actions" drop down menu of the patient form you would like to have your doctor sign
Select the first option, "Sign Form"
This will open your patients form and bring you to the first signature needed
Click the area labeled "Click to Sign"
This will bring up the needed signature window, if you have previously signed using this login (it will remember your signature and you would only need to select "Accept And Sign").
Once your signature is completed, select "Accept And Sign", this will insert your signature onto the form:
Once you select "Accept and Sign", the system will automatically take you to the next needed signature (if any).
Repeat this process for each signature field needed, noting our system will insert your signature.
Once all signatures are completed, select the "Complete and Send" button to finalize this form:
- Select the "Sign" button after your first signature to complete your signature.
This will bring you back to your patient list of submitted forms. You can then View, Print or Download your completed form with the signatures completed:
The completed PDF will have your patient and office signatures on the form!!
TruForm with Topaz Overview (optional):
MySecurePractice allows you to complete both patient (before the form is submitted) and doctor signatures through our online portal as described above.
Additionally any signatures left unsigned once you finalize the submission through our portal will be programmed so you can complete signing at anytime using a topaz signature pad and the PDF submitted and finalized. Please review the below requirements in order to complete this.
If truform is integrated into any of the following software companies (WinOMScs, Henry Schein, Medims), your software company may have a way to sign the completed PDF form through your software using a Topaz Signature Pad. Please contact your software rep to review this first.
Please note, WinOMScs 'CLOUD' versions DO NOT SUPPORT TOPAZ signature pads due to Adobe Acrobat Licensing.
If you do not have a signature pad and/or either adobe acrobat or a program to PDF's in, start here!
STEP #1 Select a Program to use for signing PDFs:
There are currently two programs PBHS can recommend that can complete truForm signing. Adobe acrobat (a paid for program) and pDoc Signer by Topaz (a free program via Topaz).
- (free application) pDoc Signer (https://www.topazsystems.com/pdocsigner.html)
This is a free product that can be installed, created by Topaz for signing PDF forms using their topaz signature pad. This product can complete signatures as well as annotation within the form as needed.
- (paid application) Adobe Acrobat (either standard or professional) FULL VERSION
**Standard would be a little less expensive, and can do everything you need regarding signatures
- You can find this on e-bay's website, click here. This will lead you to professional options, you can also search e-bay's website for Adobe Acrobat Standard.
Or directly from adobe’s website, click here.
STEP #2 Select a Topaz Signature Pad for signing:
Required Settings through Adobe Acrobat:
If you choose to sign through adobe, follow the below instructions:
TruForm Signing Overview:
To sign truForm correctly, please note the following:
- TruForms must be submitted BEFORE signatures can be completed using a Topaz Signature Pad.
- patient signatures can be captured before the form is submitted. This signature setup would be used to capture any missing signatures after the form is submitted, signed by the doctor and finalized through our portal. Once finalized you cannot go back and sign via the portal- you would have to use a signature solution like topaz and adobe or pDoc by Topaz.
- Only one signature can be signed at a time (an automated date is given to that signature once signed)
- You must open the submitted form within Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional or pDoc Signer to correctly sign your TruForm with Topaz
- PBHS recommends Topaz Signature Pads
- WinOMScs Client Alert: Please note, WinOMScs 'CLOUD' versions DO NOT SUPPORT TOPAZ signature pads due to Adobe Acrobat Licensing.
|*Please contact PBHS support if you would like the ability to sign your forms digitally!
Understanding Electronic Signature Laws:
Please review with the appointed personnel who handles legal matters on behalf of your practice.